Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Stuck on Palmyra one more night

The weather on Palmyra was very bad when we got up this morning which contributed to the delayed departure of the flight out of Honolulu. The weather improved, but by the time the flight landed, the pilots decided to stay the night and fly out tomorrow morning. One would think this would be a good thing, but really it is a total waste of the day. Instead of spending the afternoon snorkeling, I was on the phone with a terrible VOIP satellite connection trying to re-book our flights. I also had to change my Monterey Airbus reservation, etc. I had moved out of my cabin, so now I have to move to another cabin, etc. We hope to get in to Honolulu around noon which means more wasted time as our flight back to SFO doesn't leave until 10 pm. This is a bummer. On the bright side, it isn't raining right now.

Here is a partial group shot. Perri was off dealing with the plane issues, we didn't track down Jack, and Ron was out on the Zenobia with the UCSB team.



Here is our ride out of here tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment