Thursday, July 10, 2014

Some screen grabs from the GoPro plus one last sunset

I really liked having the GoPro mounted on my mask on the second to the last dive. My one disappointment is that I didn't see any megafauna like a manta, sea turtle, or shark to get a chance to film them hands free. If they swim by while I have a camera in hand, I am concentrating on the camera getting the right shot instead of enjoying the encounter. With the GoPro mounted on my mask I can both enjoy the experience and get it on film.

Down at 60 feet I saw my first sea cucumber on the fore reef. I now know you have to get a lot closer with the GoPro since it has such a wide angle lens. I am pointing to the sea cucumber, but you can't really see it. It is the dark horizontal blob about two thirds the way up between my finger tip and the top of the image. Not something you can really see in this shot.

me pointing to my first sea cucumber on the fore reef

Here is a screen capture of several lobsters at 70 feet. Paul was there taking still photos with his camera, so I didn't get any closer.

lobster antennae

The one plus for staying an extra night is we finally got a decent sunset.



I like the one below because if you look closely starting at the bottom of the photo you can actually see the bottom of the ocean, then the light reflecting on the surface of the water, and then the sky. That is not a shark fin on the bottom right. That is part of the palm frond floating horizontally across the frame, and below that is a coconut floating on the water.


1 comment:

  1. Wow Joe, what an adventure. Truly you have one of the coolest job in the planet! Thanks for sharing your stories and pictures with all of us!

    ReplyDelete