Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Today we were diving from dawn to dusk. After breakfast we left as soon as we could get the boat loaded with 12 tanks and all our gear. We returned barely in time to clean up before dinner was served. We did four dives. Here is a photo I took in the channel on our way out of the lagoon.



This time I saw a small school of bottle nose dolphins and a black tip reef shark. Of course there are lots of beautiful fish that I can't ID yet. Things are going slower than Doug would like, so I am concentrating on the the tasks assigned. Once Doug feels comfortable that we will get all 180 plates installed, I will start taking along my camera. Since I don't have any underwater animals to show, here is a photo of a terrestrial crab whose burrow is right outside my cabin.


Below is a shot of the fuel tanks and the generator building. Note how the building has been decorated. Flip-flops are standard footgear, so you might imagine that some break and get left behind.  They are now art.


3 comments:

  1. Lots of birds in the lagoon shot. Is it noisy there with so many birds?

    Also I love the cool way the discarded flip flops were used to decorate the building.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your photos Joe - love the shoe art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a cook. Is that true? What's normal for all of you to eat?

    ReplyDelete