Monday, July 22, 2013

Arrived safely in Palmyra


Cabin of the Gulf Stream II

The cabin of the plane was very nice.  There were 12 of us on the flight not counting the pilot and co-pilot.  There was seating for 13.  Leather seats that can move forward or backward, lots of wood appointments, a spacious bathroom, plus many other amenities that I could get used to very easily.

We arrived safely on Palmyra Atoll.  There was a very low cloud layer so no good aerial photos as we landed.  Even after we landed, the air was so humid my camera lense kept fogging up.

As the "senior" member of the team, I was given my own cabin.  Sweet.  It has a view of the lagoon which is only a few feet from my front steps.  I just have to be careful and immediately turn to my right or left when I leave it at night.  Otherwise I will end up in the ocean.

I just had a delicious lunch.  I am off to watch the plane take off for Honolulu.  After that there is an orientation before Doug puts us to work making cages for the settlement plates.

More pictures later.

1 comment: