Sunday, July 28, 2013

A view of some of the Palmyra Atoll facilities

Despite being in the middle of the Pacific Ocean about as far from civilization as you can get geographically, we have quite nice facilities. Here is a picture of the all important "out house" with four flush toilets. The fact I wasn't going to have to use a pit toilet made the decision to come even easier.


The other very important building is the Galley. This is a combination dining area (in front with the view) and kitchen. Katie is the chief cook and Robin is the second in command and also does our laundry for us.


Here is what my cabin looks like on the inside. There is a second bed on the other side of the armoire and a number of hooks on the walls at the foot of the bed for hanging gear.  Small, but more than adequate, especially for me since I have the cabin to myself.  One of the perks of being the most senior scientist -- that is senior in terms of age.


No comments:

Post a Comment