Monday, July 29, 2013

Making progress on project

This will have to be short. I am tired after doing four dives and then helping prepare 40 tiles and cages for tomorrow's diving after we ate a delicious dinner. Today we finished installing 40 settlement tiles, so we now have 80 out of the 180 done. We also completed most of the underwater prep work for two more transections. If the weather holds and the underwater drill continues to function, we should be able to complete the task before it is time to leave.

Here is a photo of what the tiles look like once they are installed. A thing of beauty.


During today's dives I saw a sea turtle and a manta ray. I also saw my first gray reef shark. It was one that had already been tagged. I was working when they swam by, so no photos.

2 comments:

  1. Do all of them get the red cages or only some of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The caging is actually orange, not red. I am not aways getting true colors on my underwater photos. Half the tiles are caged and the other half are not. They are paired together -- one with caging and one without.

    ReplyDelete