Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Homage to a Palmyra sunset

This evening we finally had a spectacular sunset. I took dozens of photos, but whittled it down to just four to share. This is what we were seeing as we finished our delicious dinner. Life is grand.

sunset from the Galley on Cooper Island

Here is the sun setting behind Lesley and Dudley Islands

sun setting behind Lesley and Dudley Islands 

Here is the sun setting behind Ainsley Island. If you click on the image for a larger view, note that all those dots in the sky are not from dust on my camera lens. Those are all birds.

sun setting behind Ainsley Island

Here Tim and Alex are enjoying the evening display.

Tim and Alex enjoying the sunset


5 comments:

  1. Breathtaking, Joe! Sarah Miller's father, here. Helpful having your blog/photos keep us apprised of your time on Palmyra; thanks!--Ross and Marianne Miller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of people who view my blog, but I don't get many comments, so it is nice to hear from you. Sarah has been busy working on airstrip repairs. They are on a deadline to get the repairs done in time for the next scheduled landing on August 12th when I will be leaving. I am glad most of my work involves either being in the water or working in the air conditioned dry lab. It is hot and humid work out on the runway.

      Delete
    2. I notice you posted the same comment three times. You probably thought it didn't go through and kept re-posting it. I have the comments set so that I have to approve any that are submitted before they are posted. This is to avoid spam which I have occasional had submitted as comments.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Joe; yes I did comment a few times, not having seen your filter. I hope your research has gone well; make sure my daughter stays hydrated! Hard work for her and Tim. Safe travels next week.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete