Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Back in the water today

After many days working on dry land, I made it back in the water for a 2+ hour snorkel at Penguin Spit. The display screen on my Olympus TG-2 camera cracked and flooded during a dive near the start of this trip. This has been very frustrating, since I also used this camera for most of my terrestrial photos. It fit easily in my pocket, and it didn't matter if I got caught in a downpour which happens frequently on Palmyra. The good news is I was able to use one of the GoPro cameras during my snorkel. I still would have preferred my Olympus since it has built in color compensation for doing underwater photography. I ordered a new camera online, and it is waiting for me back in Pacific Grove.

Here are some screen grabs from the video I shot with the GoPro.

coral head at Penguin Spit, Palmyra Atoll

school of black durgon
Melichthysn niger


goldfin dascyllus
Dascyllus auripinnis

group of onset snappers under tabletop coral
Lutjanus monostigma


No comments:

Post a Comment