Friday, August 12, 2016

Departing Palmyra today

Today I did the final bit of packing and cleaned my cabin for the next scientist, Stacie, to enjoy. I had a little free time, so I biked out to north beach to take in the view one last time.

relaxing on north beach before my flight back to civilization
I spotted the dorsal fin of a fairly large blacktip shark curating through the water that was only a couple of feet deep, but I didn't get my camera out fast enough to capture it on film.

I realized I hadn't gotten a picture of Alex among all my photos, so I grabbed a quick shot of him as he finished preparing lunch for a crowd. The population on Palmyra almost doubled with the arrival of the plane.

Alex prepares breakfasts and lunches and the occasional dinner



No comments:

Post a Comment