Thursday, June 19, 2014

Last day in Hawaii

The good new is they found another charter plane, so we are flying to Palmyra tomorrow morning only one day behind schedule.  We need to check in by 7 am, so this will be short entry as I need to get to bed for an early wake-up call.

We split up today.  Paul and Sabina were going to rent mopeds, and I didn't feel like dealing with Honolulu traffic on a moped.  Instead I took the bus to the Bishop Museum where I spent the day.  It is a very nice museum.  The original building is gorgeous.

Bishop Museum exterior

Bishop Museum interior

I need not have worried about Paul or Sabina getting in an accident and thus not being able to come to Palmyra.  The price for renting the mopeds turned out to be too high, so they ended up doing more exploring on foot.  Much of their day was spent in search of the elusive "butter avocado".  That adventure will have to wait for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment