Monday, April 7, 2014

Shipping supplies ahead of time

Last year I was brought on board the project after the barge had made its annual trip to Palmyra, so Doug had already taken care of shipping out most of the materials we would be using.  This year I am involved from the start, so I have been busy working with Doug to make sure we acquire supplies we need so they arrive in Hawaii by April 16th.  They will then go out on a barge scheduled to leave around the 23rd of April and arrive on Palmyra around May 1st.   Shipping things ahead of time is critical since there are severe weight restrictions on what can be taken on the Gulf Stream II flight from Hawaii to Palmyra when I fly out on June 18th.


some of the 65 items being shipped


Except for the 6 foot long tube of PVC pipe, we fit everything into two large ice chests which were then sealed shut with duct tape and are going out via FedEx 2 Day Air today.



ice chest taped up for shipment
this one weighed 52 lbs, the second one weighed 59 lbs


I will rest easier once I know the two ice chests of supplies and the 6 foot long tube arrived safely on Palmyra.

No comments:

Post a Comment